Amazing Yaoiful Weekend
It is finally time for the main event!!!!!!! After a long day of travel and exploring Washington, D.C. all alone, I woke up on Thursday the 7th of August not extremely well rested but plenty energized with the power of anime.
Thursday
Today I finally got to see Selin and friends so I made sure to put on a cute outfit. I wore my moschino bunny tshirt and my bright mint green shorts :P It felt like forever but when the time was nigh for Selin's bus to arrive, I went to go meet it at its hotel .YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY
We hung out in the room with Selin's friend for a bit until both of them were about to starve to death, and then we took the metro to downtown in search of food. We decided to go to nando's in chinatown. As a side note... the D.C. chinatown is unlike any chinatown I've seen in my life... Instead of being mostly a bunch of mom and pop chinese supermarkets, restaurants, shops, etc. the majority of chinatown that I saw here was wide streets lined with american fast food chains with the only feature distinguishing them from any old mcdonalds or chipotle being a sign of the restaurant name in chinese next to the regular one. I later saw more areas of it with more of the typical small businesses but that main area of it was super strange to me. Anyway, it was my first time trying nando's and I thought it was really yummy. I got a chicken sandwich with fries. Selin got coleslaw as a side and it honestly tasted like an insult to every coleslaw fan out there. I fed Selin my fries instead so all was well.
After our meal the three of us walked in the direction of the convention center because there was a matsuri the day before the con, but there wasn't much going on since we went so late. We did get to see some cute cosplays already though :D Also on the way back to the metro we saw a crime scene with a huge puddle of blood on the ground. It was taped off with a police line and they were even putting up the little numbers for evidence and stuff.... We will never know what happened...
Friday
The first day of con is officially HERE! Everyone get excited. I woke up at 7 to make sure my L cosplay would be perfect. Which didn't take much seeing as its so simple but what can I say I was excited! I drew on big fat eyebags over my already big fat eyebags, put on a white tshirt and jeans, and was basically done hehe. Good thing L Lawliet is like the most recognizable cosplay of all time cuz you could basically tell what my deal was even with my brown curly hair XD but even more when I linked up with Selin who was cosplaying Light and who I handcuffed myself to! Cute!!!!!
![]() |
Peep the Misa in the back... we didn't notice her until |
Once the vendors opened we gathered back with everyone and headed downstairs to artist's alley. I think I entered a fugue state as soon as we hit the first booth because I came out after four hours dehydrated and quite a bit poorer. I have avoided adding up the total amount of money I spent because seeing the number might kill me but oh boy I'll just say a lot. We kept seeing 3 for $20 and similar deals and splitting them between ourselves because how could we possibly pass that up!!!!
The shocking moment of the day for me was coming across this artist with super cute riso prints that had a karaoke iko one!!!! It was sooo cute and obviously Selin and I started fangirling as soon as we saw it and we chatted with the artist about how Wayama Yama is a GENIUS! And we did both buy the same print. But after I paid the artist asked if I had read captivated by you which of course I have, and she randomly pulled out a captivated by you print that wasn't even displayed for sale and gave it to me for free!!!! I'm so happy because I really wasn't expecting to see anything Wayama related or meet a fellow fan! (╥ヮ╥)
The sad moment of the day was that there were these yaoi paddle keychains Selin and I were really looking forward to getting but when we got to the booth they were out of the uke ones. It'd be sad to me to get one without matching with Selin so I didn't get myself the seme one. Maybe next year ;-;. I will say I found it to be very funny environmental storytelling that only the uke paddles sold out lololol
![]() |
| HAUL!!! There's a few things missing that I was too lazy to gather up for photos but this is the bulk of it |
Afterwards we were all so starving. I had literally only eaten a granola bar all day O_o We went to this taco place after spending a long time unable to decide what to eat. It turned out to be vegetarian with some pretty weird options but they were actually quite yummy! (just not the cheapest -_-) I got a kale and potato one, a sweet corn one, and an eggplant one. Though we had fueled up with food, we were still really tired so we headed back to their hotel to rest for a bit before Selin and I headed back out at night for our very important expedition to: LAST FUJOSHI STANDING. The one and only fujoshi game show hosted by ProdigalFujoshi.
We had been anticipating this panel for so long leading up to the con and we were so prepared to win the grand prize of knowing we are the realest out there. Which we ARE. However, we weren't able to prove ourselves because disaster struck. When we arrived back to the convention center, almost an hour early mind you, the line for the game show was literally wrapping around the hallway multiple times and there were volunteers at the end of the line marking it as closed, meaning we wouldn't even be able to get in. ARE YOU KIDDING!! We asked around and found out there had been people waiting since 3 hours before the panel time. OMG WHYYY.
We were both so disappointed but at least we learned our lesson and we didn't want the night to go to waste so we hit up the game hall again for a quick pump it up sesh before leaving. I dropped Selin off and said goodbye, but on the way back to my hostel some guy on the train yelled "HE'S GOT A KNIFE" super loud and I thought I was about to have to get up and run for my life for a split second but then he started laughing. Some prank...... Anyway I made it to my bed safe and knocked out because tomorrow was a big day~
Saturday
Hehehehehe. Today is day two of the con and more importantly Selin's birthday (ง ˃ ³ ˂)ว ⁼³₌₃⁼³
I woke up bright and early again today because I actually had a bit more work to do to get into costume. Today I was cosplaying Makoto Mita from sweet pool, but not just regular old Makoto Mita. Gyaruo Makoto from this official art in the sweet pool liner notes:
Well I was kind of doing a girl version of him so genderbent gyaru Makoto to be more accurate I guess. I was nervous for how my makeup would turn out because despite practicing it a couple times over summer I am not the best at makeup just because I rarely wear it. But I think it turned out pretty decent if not for my top eyeliner being a little thicker than I would have liked it to and the fact it would look better with false lashes. But that was only really noticeable when I closed my eyes. U will see ;-D I'd painted my nails like the drawing the the night before. I did a concealer lip of course (which kept coming off) and put a shit ton of bronzer on, did my hair, put on my outfit and my red bag and was out the door. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![]() |
| The sticker I got as a free gift from dykemint yesterday is pretty true to the character too lolol |
Selin and I were not as enthusiastic about getting our hunter licenses so we decided to sit outside and get coffee while Selin's friend competed instead. It was much needed ☕︎ (ᵔ ̮ ᵔ)› Selin's friend made it pretty far hooray but when she came out it was time to meet up with the rest of the Crew and go to the FASHION SHOW! It was so fun and there were a variety of jfashion brands and a bit of streetwear stuff but mostly lolita (Yayy). I loved seeing how the models were styled and how they 'choreographed' the shows for each brand... it was just so cute. It comes as no surprise that the star of the show was Metamorphose but I saw such cool stuff from the various indie designers/brands participating and I really wish I got more (good) pics!
![]() |
| All the meta models and designers posing together at the end *_* beautiful |
![]() |
| Makoto and his omega burger |
After that amaaazing panel it was once again time for our favorite place in the world... game hall. We spent so long in there playing rhythm games again and mayy have missed some panels but wacca is TEEWWW addicting. And OMG. Time for Saturday's shocking moment of the day. At one point Selin and I were walking around and in a corner we suddenly saw something incredible. I couldn't even believe my eyes but there was the most perfect Levi, Daan, and Samarie from Fear and Hunger Termina anyone has ever laid their eyes upon. You guys they were SOOOOOOO CUTEEEEEEEEE and SO REAL it looked like the characters literally came to life and the way they were acting in the corner was also exactly how they'd act if they were real. I couldn't take it... me and Selin were fangirling so hard but we gathered ourselves slightly and asked to take a picture with them. I can't even lie, I was starstruck about this for like the next 72 hours and every time I thought about them I started squealing and/or giggling. The picture of me with them is seriously a prized possession of mine. I even spent a long time stalking social networks to try to find out who the cosplayers were because in my shock I didn't ask them. I did end up finding the Levi cosplayer, yay (his username is parfaitgay and he also cosplays enstars big surprise hehe). They also gave us a super cute ribbon to add on to my stack of... one ribbon lol
![]() |
| It's not much but they are very meaningful to me. |
Sunday
The dawn of the final day... and guess what all that fuss with making sure I had an alarm was for nothing because I guess I was so exhausted that I slept through ALL my alarms and Selin literally had to call my hostel front desk to get them to wake me up so we wouldn't miss our bus back to Selin's town. SO!!!!! EMBARASSING!!!!!!!!!!!! Since the bus left in the early afternoon and we had already planned to only spend a bit of the morning at the con on Sunday, I couldnt even make it to the con on the last day. Aaaagghhhh. On the bright side, all the interesting panels on Sunday were happening after we would've left anyway so I'd probably have spent all my time in the dealers' den. At least I saved my money.
Soo all of Selin's other friends ended up getting sick and leaving early so it was just us on the bus back. We came kind of close to missing it but thankfully we made it on in time and were on the almost 3 hour trip back to Selin's home. The trip went by quite fast. Selin's parents treated me very kindly and its mom fed me very well Yaayyy. It also got to blow out the candles a day late on a supar cute birthday cake and I got to eat a slice! Yum! We spent a long time afterwards just hanging out in Selin's room and scrolling Tumblr together until it was late and time for me to go to my hotel nearby. Ugh I love Selin's room.
'Twas a very chill day but 'twas what we needed. Whew~Monday
I redeemed myself for my blunder yesterday morning by waking up bright and early today. This time there was really not a moment to waste because I would have to say goodbye to Selin for real this afternoon(╥﹏╥). No use in crying though we must have the funnest day ever today. I went and had my scrumptious hotel breakfast whilst I waited for Selin to get ready and come join me.
![]() |
| Oh yes......... |
![]() |
| Werking in the mines |
At last it was time to get ready to depart... Selin's parents drove us to the uni campus where I'd hop on a bus back to the airport alone (TT) and dropped us off by the lake so we could walk for a bit, and it was soooo nice and pretty. We really really stalled to walk to the bus stop, and it seems like the universe may have heard my prayers to let me stay forever because I got an email that my bus was deleyed for almost an hour ( ˶°ㅁ°) I felt bad that Selin's parents were going to stay and wait for me in the heat that whole time but we got to hang for extra time so I was secretly happy! The last several minutes went by way too fast and it was time to leave for real this time. I cried so much on the bus and on the plane don't tell anyone that ok....
![]() |
| This is how we were (I'm the girl) |
P.S. Anyone want 2 count how many times I said selin's name in this post? XD













Augh such a good read (maybe cause I was there ;p) thanx for the providing the detail that I didnt ~ I yearn for otamines so badly...
ReplyDeleteNYAAWWWW THIS WAS SO CUTE. Im so glad u guys had fun...this complemented selins post nicely too. Both this and selins posts were such cute reads. U guys shouldve taken me...somehow....tch
ReplyDelete