Pages

05 July 2026

SUMMER★FUN

 Hallo my loyal reader(s?). It's officially SUMMER and additionally, I have returned to my home in AMERICA which can only mean one thing.. AT LAST I feel like blogging again!!!!!!!!!

My past umm 8 months have been plenty eventful so I will surely at some point decide to just fill my blog in a little and fake the dates. When that time comes... keep my secret will you? 

For the time being I will relay you the events of my past couple weeks. Please enjoy ^_^

The majority of my time has been spent not necessarily working on (oops), but just generally thinking about my cosplays for the upcoming otakon two thousand and twenty six. I CANNOT WAIT!!!! I am cosplaying makoto mita again but in theory better planned out this time teehee. I am also going as saori from merm4id and I'm soooo excited it will be baby's first wig, can you believe it?? Hopefully they turn out well and I'll upload some pics here~~ I already really effed up the wig because i got too eager trying to give her a haircut so i just went ahead and bought a new one. I thankfully had some foresight and got an extremely cheap wig expecting this to happen...

Other than that I've just been sleeping in almost every day and lazing around, figuring out what to do with my life since I decided I hate studying engineering several years too late, and going to thrift stores with my dad since it's his new vice even moreso than it ever has been for me. He bought a ton of cheap clocks and even MORE record players and amps in the time I was gone, so I helped him fix stuff up which is fun and makes me feel very smart. I foudn this super cute dress from the 70s the other day, I am sooooooo excited to wear it!!!!! ( I have yet to do laundry since then -.-)

It has a bunch of dolls on it I'm obsessed!!!!!
I am trying it on over a sweater here sooo ignore that


 I also went to a show last week as soon as I got the chance and it was soooo amazing. Plenty more are planned just this month don't even worry. But Asian Glow from korea was touring along with What is your name from Toronto and I could nottt miss that. I felt pretty cool because everytime someone asked how long I'd been a fan of asian glow and I said since 2021 they went Wooooowwwww. I was more social there than I'd been in the last 8 months and it felt so good. Unc still got it..... You guys the show was amazing I already said that but truly I cried on the drive back becuase I was so happy. There were two local bands opening which I am now a fan of, and this other band from Nebraska that was really fun. I talked to Shin/Asian Glow a tiny bit and they were so sweet. What Is Your Name live kind of changed my life... They had so much energy and all their samples and everything blended together so beautifully.. I was cheesing the entire set. And he was so silly and nice too.. And because I'm a fangirl I have to mention... Naser the drummer for YAAMC was drumming for both AG and WIYN and Dom the guitarist joined as well. I was wearing my YAAMC visual novel shirt that day and I talked to Naser after and told him he is the best drummer ever because it's true and he was the kindest guy ever.. He said I was the first person on this tour that was wearing a YAAMC shirt and recognized him hehe.. He and dom were animeified on my shirt so it'd be a little messed up if I didn't methinks!!! I went a little crazy at the merch tables because I didnt expect WIYN to rock my world that much but I don't regret it! And I resisted buying yet another black t-shirt so that's a win in my book.

 

The Haul.
 

I came back to the US just in time to celebrate the nation's 250th birthday, which... I don't care for too much besides the lovely summer big nasty hot dog vibes. Youji Sakiyama's birthday is a week earlier and clears!!!! But my parents did get a day off work so we took the three day weekend and went for a short road trip, yeeeyyyy~ We left my brother behind because he was being a party pooper as usual. We only ended up spending one night out which was fine by me because hotels and motels alike were really expensive X_X We ended up driving a few hours from home and staying a night in everyone's favorite off-putting circus-themed hotel, Circus Circus in Reno, Nevada. Just kidding that's probably not even the best circus themed hotel in the state as there are both Circus Circus Las Vegas and Clown Motel Tonopah to compete with. But it was the cheapest place available in the area that didn't have a gazillion reports of bedbugs XD. We only needed a bed to sleep in before the main event the next day. NOT the fourth of july, though we did stumble upon a patriotic parade in the most american town ever which had pretty rotten vibes. The main event was going to Lake Tahoe and swimminggggggggg. It was my first time doing so, and my first time going to the lake in summer though I've been several times in Winter. The water was freezing cold but I was strong and forced myself to get in and I had such a lovely time :> It was literally like swimming in the ocean because the lake is so damn big and it was even a sand beach, but without being sticky and itchy from the salt afterwards... Highly recommend

Coral nailpolish at the beach... few understand the gravity of this... 
 

Aand after swimming we drove around the lake for a little more and we stopped at like four different viewpoints around this one big bay that is tiny compared to the whole lake because I was kind of obsessed with it... There is an island in the middle that has a (no longer functioning TT) tea house on it which looks liek a little baby castle. There is also this super secluded looking mansion built in 1929 liek the teahouse on the shore of the bay that you can only get to by boat or by a couple miles hike. The whole thing felt very Rokkenjima and just overall umineko no naku koro ni to me which is probably why I was obsessed with it hehe. It's definitely not quite as complicated to get to this mansion or island as it is to get to Rokkenjima but it had such a cool mysterious ambience that the reality doesn't matter to me.


The mansion (Vikingsholm) from two sides of the bay 0_o
All these pics are with like 30x zoom or something crazy

Mrs. Knight's tea house~

We basically headed home right after this because it was starting to get dark.. But not without stopping for dinner at Outback Steakhouse. Oh my gosh... it had been like, at least 7 years since I last went there and it was the same and so much more amazing than I remembered. I heart family restaurant chains. The bloomin onion was still brewing in my stomach this morning. With all that said. THAT is my blog post folks. I hope you were entertained. The next time you see me may be in half a week or in 9 months and I have no clues as to which one it will be but thank you for hanging out with me today... AU REVOIR~~~

 


No comments:

Post a Comment